Saturday, January 3, 2009

NOW

My eight-year old niece asked her dad a profound question yesterday, "Does time go faster than a car?" My first thought was to say, "Sounds like you think time goes." My second thought was, "Wait. I do, too."

Then this question occurred to me. What if it isn't time that goes by, but us? What if time is "stationary," and we change and move through it, then simply measure our changes and movements and call it time? Sounds like the Eternal Now to me.

This paradigm shift is like getting that the earth revolves around the sun, not the other way around. Although both would look the same, this new perspective has amazing potential to eliminate suffering and confusion about time in my life. Time really is relative!

I've thought about this before, but couldn't quite get it. I just needed an eight-year old to show me the way!

1 comment:

betsw said...

thank god for the wisdom of children.